Subject: Hardware Questions
From: "Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 23:12:14 -0400

I have a number of lightwave related hardware questions for anybody who 
can provide me some information...

We wanted to purchase LW4.0 for a 486DX2-66 system that we have here.. 
just so that we would have another system for render/modelling while the 
other is busy. Of course, we would like to upgrade to a faster system in 
the future, which comes to the problem of if we get LW for Windows now, 
and then get a Pentium with NT, we would have to get another version of LW 
correct? I assume NewTek has a substantial upgrade cost as well for 
something like this situation?

What kind of speed could one get out of a DX2-66... not necessarily 
looking for a speedster, but if it would humm along nicely then it would 
serve its purpose.

Has anybody had any experience with the CyberStorm 060 board? I though I 
saw a few post as while back, but those are long since gone on this 
system. Does it have SCSI biult in? As well, what kind of speed could one 
expect out of an 060/50Mhz? Currently we are just using a Warp 28. How 
many socets for RAMona Cyberstorm, and what size of SIMMS (72pin?).
Finally.. any guesses on a sale price of a Cyberstorm?

Thanks for any information on this....
--
"Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]